Well, it is the weekend. David has gone to Chesapeake (or is it Virginia Beach?) with Sam to play Laser Tag for Sam’s birthday celebration. Nothing really to do around here for teen birthdays (for boys) except go up there or maybe the movies here. He really should be here selling BBQ dinners for the Boy Scout fundraiser, but he rarely gets to be with his friends outside school, he always attends the scout functions, and is such a good kid I didn’t think twice about letting him go to the party. Randy is taking his place at the fundraiser. David is lucky to have such a great dad! (I’m lucky too - that Randy was willing to go and I didn’t have to!) At least this year it is not freezing cold with snow flurries and blowing a gale like it was last year.
Other plans for this weekend include having Katherine make a trial run at packing for Europe. She leaves on Thursday and we need to make sure she has everything she needs. I have to get her a phone card, a couple of SD cards for the camera, and tennis shoes. She is supposed to pack light…….which she is good about, but it is a little weird being that she will be going to three countries in the course of a week. She is so excited and I am so nervous. I am having a hard time imagining my daughter traveling to London, Paris, and Venice. They will be at Notre Dame Cathedral for Easter Sunday…not sure if they will attend services or not.
Other than packing Katherine has scholarship forms to fill out and several essays to write. I sure hope all of this is not in vain. I have no idea how financial need looks to other people or if they are aware of how good a business looks on paper doesn’t mean anything compared to a family of five with debt. Not counting Elon scholarships, I think we have applied for about twenty five. Nineteen of those are right here on my desk. Letters of recommendation requests have been sent out. If Katherine can manage to complete everything this weekend, she will have nothing to do when she gets back from Europe except package the info and take to school. Then we wait. We are awaiting Elon’s financial aid package now and hope to hear about the Honor’s Program within a couple of weeks.
Daniel has an English project due Friday. I am hoping he can complete most of it this weekend. That will make the week so much better.
***Well, I hope Katherine will get it all done. She is going to a rodeo in Hampton with Connor, his Dad, and his brother. This will be her first time really meeting Connor’s father.
No comments:
Post a Comment