Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Mama's Dresser....
After Daniel headed off on his camping trip, I went to Raleigh the next day to pick up Mama's dresser from Aunt Lou's condo. I did not have my head on right when we broke up Mama's household and I let things go that I never should have parted with. This dresser being one of them. I am so glad to have it back with me. Hope one day it can go to Katherine and she can love it as much as I do. It's been in the van until today when Dad stopped by. He helped me get the dresser on the back porch. I got it into the back room by myself and spent the next hour rubbing it down with Tung oil and marveling at the gorgeous wood grain that came through as the dry, parched wood soaked up the oil. It is now in the guest room with one of Mama's lamps on it and Grandmama's pansy prints above it. My little piece of 104 North Madison Street.
On a side note....I wonder if this is the same dresser she used when I was a little girl. I remember (not sure if in Virginia or early at Inman's Lake) going through her bottom drawer and playing with a rhinestone necklace. It was blue....and shimmered like 'pretty lights'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment