Today marks six months since Mama died. That's a long time to try not to think about the death of someone who has always been there. I think that is what I have been doing-trying not to think because it hurts too much. Sometimes I feel like if I start to cry I will never stop....of course that's not true....but there is so much to my feelings for Mama. So many avenues to explore. I have time. I just didn't want this day to go by without sharing something.
Here are my two favorite photos of me and Mama. One I must have been around six. I think you can see the love on her face for me. I love her hands on my side. I always will wonder what she was thinking and who took the photo. The other photo was my wedding day. She is holding my hands......she gave me away. I miss her.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry I missed this earlier -- I still think of your mom so often. You know I love you and am here if you ever need to talk it out. This snippet was really beautiful, and I love the photos!!!! For all the complexities, it is good to know you were loved. . . . :~)
Post a Comment