Well we left Thursday. We had minor car trouble, had rain for the first hour, and got lost somewhere around Durham. By the time we got to our hotel we were pretty exhausted and had no desire to go out looking for supper. Dominos saved the day as they delivered right to the room. Friday, move in day, went much better and Katherine was all moved in by 10:30 that morning. We got her Phoenix card made, ate lunch, attended the car safety class, and did a little shopping before the boys got there. Seems like everything was scheduled after that. We stole what moments we could with Katherine. Saturday was the convocation which was very nice. After the picnic lunch we went into Burlington and spent a while at the Barnes and Noble there. Getting hot chocolate and sitting in the cafe talking. Then we took her back and said goodbye. The boys and Randy said goodbye in the parking lot and I walked her to her dorm. I was alone walking back to the van. The campus is beautiful and it was just me. Randy turned the corner and walked up to me………said he thought I could use a hand to hold and walked me back. And that was that. And now we have to relearn the day to day without her. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad...

Below is her dorm.....isn't it beautiful?!





The lounge.....there is actually more seating, a table and a
flat screen TV. Full kitchen off to the side and a laundry
room down the hall.
1 comment:
Wow! What memories this brings back -- Katherine is lucky to have ya'll to experience this with. When I went away to Freed, I went totally by myself. Luckily I found Shane, so I have a witness of that time in my life. Her dorm room looks lovely, and she's going to have the time of her life!!!!
Post a Comment