I think he had a wonderful time! The team did not place in the top three…which we were all a bit surprised about due to the fact that they had a very close second in the mission score. The did however, take Most Efficient and Most Elegant Design and one of the seniors took home an individual award. Their teacher had his own event and he won that…..so overall, the boys are happy. We still don’t know where they fell, but probably fourth….that would figure. There were 26 teams competing….from as far away as Iran and China! I know they spent their free days going to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World!! Not sure what else. David left his phone in the airport in Norfolk, so I have had limited contact. Emails and IM’s , but his time was limited on the computer. I can’t wait to hear all about it!
While David was gone, we were busy. I finished the bathroom trim upstairs. I do still need to clean up the tile in the places I left varnish drips. My part is done in there. Well..when Randy gets the door to the closet, I will varnish that. It looks nice. Maybe I will take a picture and upload it soon…Daniel isn’t crazy about that bathroom for some reason. I think it is too big for him. Maybe by the time he is in high school, he will come around.
Right before David left, he and Randy pulled the carpet out of mine and Randy’s room. David helped as much as he could, before allergies drove him out. Over the weekend, Randy and Daniel put laminate down. It looks really nice. I worry about it wearing fast though. It was pretty inexpensive, but then our room doesn’t get the travel the rest of the house does and it is so much better than the horrible carpet! It looks just like the hardwood in the other areas of the house….amazingly like it. Of course with the putting down of the laminate, the baseboards and molding had to come off. No sense putting those back until I paint the walls. So another project to do.
Today is Mrs. Foreman’s 87th birthday. I will be baking her our traditional lemon pound cake this afternoon. I don’t know how many years I have been taking that to her, but quite a few at least. She is such a constant. How blessed we are to have her in our lives. She recently had a second skin cancer taken off her face…..and she hired someone to mow her grass. How strange it was to see that! For just a few weeks ago she was on her John Deer mowing it herself! Such an amazing woman!
Daniel has an orthodontist appointment today. It is supposed to be the start of his braces treatment. But those two eye teeth pulled a year and a half ago still are not in all the way. Not sure if that will delay treatment or not. Guess we will find out today. AND….he has joined the ranks of contact lens wearers! His vision stayed perfect the longest of anyone in the family….and even now he only has to wear a lens in his left eye. Has mastered putting it in and out…but still getting used to wearing it away from home. I can’t remember how long it took Katherine and David to be comfortable going to the beach/pool with their contacts in--I know you aren’t supposed to wear them swimming, but we always have.
So today other than the normal errands of the bank and grocery store, I am going to clean out my kitchen cabinets. They don’t need a lot, but want to wipe the shelves down and do a bit of reorganizing. I will be checking David’s flight status often and greatly anticipating his arrival home around 8:30 tonight!
Tonnye and Shane will be here tomorrow!!! Yay! We always look so forward to their visits! Don’t have too much planned-the annual 4th on the Manteo Waterfront and going to see Wall-E, but lots of just being together and catching up. Tonnye and I have so much of that to do!
Tomorrow we will find out for sure about Katherine’s roommate. There was a temporary glitch in Elon’s system that allowed us to view assignments briefly before it was shut down. So we don’t know if who we saw listed will be correct. She was from Eden NC and seemed like a nice girl. She listed herself as liberal….Katherine is very conservative. But I think it will all work out. She has heard from her honors mentor…..a Spanish major from Charlotte and is a sophomore. She will be the RA for Katherine’s dorm. I am not exactly sure what being Katherine’s mentor means…..
Katherine is getting used to working. She works Wed, Sat, and Sun. for nine hours a shift. She is getting paid $8 an hour which is nice. Last night she went to the movies with friends. That is still odd to me. It’s great, but for me her having friends and going out is still a novelty. She and Connor try to get together a couple of times a week. But her works M-F 8-5 and with her working on the weekends they don’t have much time together.
Well that brings everyone up to current status at the Spruill household!
2 comments:
Post a Comment