I only knew his name after his death. 'Whitey' was the white horse that lived in the pasture on Kitty Hawk Road. He belonged to a childhood friend of David's grandparents, The Tillett's. Whitey passed away a week or so ago. Leaving many who will miss him. Every time I have driven by the pasture in the 25 years I have been using Kitty Hawk Road, I have looked for this horse. He was an amazing 43 years old. Our village has paid respects to this friendly horse and many flowers line the fence where he often hung his head. I took the photo back in October. Daniel and I laid a bouquet of daffodils at the fence this morning. We counted 24 other floral arrangements. How fitting. I will forever have a mental picture of this horse standing in the pasture of yellow and purple flowers in spring.
.jpg) |
| Whitey 1971-2014 |
 |
| This photo does not show all the flowers or do what is there justice. |
 |
| Our daffodils are at the bottom of the fence post. |
No comments:
Post a Comment