Thursday, May 3, 2012
What the deer didn't eat...
Earlier in the week the rose bush where these two little blossoms came from, was full of buds. Daniel and I went out and inspected what few flowering plants we have in the yard. The azaleas....while young, were pouting. The primrose had more buds that could easily be counted. Excited about the roses....we left them to bloom in full. Those pretty little blossoms and many buds became dinner for the group of six deer that wander through our yard nightly. Not much could have been done to prevent this....last year the deer feasted on everything they could find. This year is proving no different. They have limited selection in my yard however, since I have not planted anything. When and if I do....you can be sure I will place the containers out of reach. I love to watch the deer. Hate that they eat the pretty flowers. Wish we could come to a happy medium. At least I got these blossoms....and there is one more I think will bloom and escape being a late night snack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment