Friday, February 3, 2012

Thoughtful Gifts...


I don’t know why or how, but all three of my children love me unconditionally.  And that has probably not always been easy for them.  Especially as of late.  I tell them, but I don’t know if they really comprehend what their love and acceptance means to me.  Just the fact that Katherine wants to sit with me and have tea in fancy teacups while eating cookies and looking through pretty magazines means the world to me.  Daniel really likes having me around.  David calls me out of the blue and always seems to know when I need a shoulder.  How fortunate I am.  And they know me pretty well…

They have always given me the most thoughtful gifts….even way back when they were little and it was a poem, a coloring page, a sculpy figurine.  A box of new crayons - I said they know me well.  : )  This Christmas Katherine gave me the most beautiful set of wind chimes.   I love wind chimes.  The set I had for years broke quite some time ago and I have really missed them.  I don’t even recall mentioning wanting another set…but there they were Christmas morning.  And they are lovely.   Daniel bought me a miniature chair that I fell in love with while he and I were shopping for him to get David something at a local antique/thrift store.  It is the sweetest little chair.  And David ordered me the loveliest picture frame and had it inscribed with a heartfelt sentiment.  Gifts from the heart.   




No comments: