I was doing a slideshow of all of our Christmases since Randy and I were married (in 1987) when I thought how cool it would be to make one just showing our Christmas trees. We have always had a live one....growing up I always had an artificial one. I remember mine and Randy's very first one was bought in front of our apartment for $50. Which was a ton of money for us back then. Randy was with the Manteo Lion's Club, as was our Landlord and he was selling them for the club. The photo for the year 2000 is not a good one and reminds me that is the year I lost many of my digital photos. I am very thankful for what I have.
Looking at the photos is so sweet for me. The scarcity of the ornaments in the beginning. To the many obviously handmade by small hands when the children were young. The photos where I can tell I put things up high from tiny hands and kitty paws. Some of the photos were taken when the tree was close the it's end. Those years were usually busy years. The video here is small and you probably wouldn't be able to tell those things, but they are there. It is heartwarming to look back on the trees......to remember all the love. All the time spent looking for the perfect one. Decorating alone, with the kids, with friends. The way the shapes change. And the fact that we never had a nice angel. That will change this year. I may have to update this with a photo of our tree finally adorned properly.
Enjoy.
2 comments:
What a nice video keepsake, Rachel -- and how rewarding to think how many of your trees we've seen, and how many we've been a part of. . .thanks for always being willing to share those incredibly special times. . . we love you more than you know!! Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awwwww! I love it! I like how the tree started off basically empty and I know for a fact that today there's barely a spare branch...you're going to have to keep doing the yearly tree photo, you know. Until, like, forever. :]
Very good slideshow job, btw.
I love you!
Post a Comment